Discipline - Gastroenterology - Bucharest Emergency Clinical Hospital
- List of academic staff
- Description of medical activities
- Description of education and research activities
- Useful information for students
- Useful information for PhD students
- 5-10 keywords describing subdomains of interest for research activity
- 5 most representative research projects
- Up to 10 most significant scientific papers
|Professor||Constantinescu Gabriel, PhD||tenured|
|Associate Professor||Stan-Ilie Cristina-Madalina, PhD||tenured|
|Head of works||Sandru Vasile, PhD||tenured|
|Head of works||Oprita Ioana-Ruxandra, PhD||tenured|
|Assistant Professor||Balahura Cristian, PhD||tenured|
|Assistant Professor||Plotogea Oana-Mihaela, PhD||tenured|
|Assistant Professor||Gheorghe Gina, PhD||fixed term|
|Assistant Professor||Pavel Christopher-Jesse-Vlad, PhD||fixed term|
The internal medicine and gastroenterology discipline has a long history of academic education in collaboration with the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila Bucharest, and comprises two clinics: the internal medicine clinic and the gastroenterology clinic. The first has developed in strong connection to the cardiology clinic, so that currently the main disorders managed are in the cardiovascular domain – heart failure, coronary heart disease, valvular heart disease. Following up close are the respiratory diseases in their acute forms – chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, sleep disordered breathing, hypoventilation syndromes. The gastroenterology clinic mainly delivers emergency care for upper and lower gastrointestinal bleeding, and obstructive coledoco-pancreatic diseases.
A special feature of our clinical departments is that it has very well adapted to the profile of the emergency patient, a profile which has seen significant change during the past decade. Along with the increase in life expectancy and survival in patients with chronic diseases, each patient’s individual disease burden has increased and diversified in such a way that case management is far from being standard, but extremely patient focused.
Starting from 2015 the Emergency Clinical Hospital Bucharest has become a leading Research and Development Center for emergency minimally invasive techniques in internal medicine and gastroenterology. The Center’s mission has been to orient clinical and laboratory research towards the acute needs of our patients in order to bring its results closed to the patient needs, thus ensuring high-end emergency services integrated and aligned with the principle of continuous improvement.
The main research topics are resistant and secondary hypertension, heart failure with preserved ejection fraction, coronary hemodynamics in coronary heart disease, minimally invasive endoscopic and angiographic therapies of gastrointestinal bleeding. The research and education activities have developed through the PhD work of our team members and their competitive projects. In addition, the gastroenterology clinic has emerged as one of the most prominent schools of endoscopy, having educated most of the young endoscopy technicians in the country.
- Pneumology, 4th academic year – Coordinator Prof Dr Daniela Bartos. Suggested bibliography: Compendiu de Pneumologie, Editia a IIa Revizuita, Coodronator Prof Dr Daniela Bartos, Dr Elisabeta Badila, Editura Niculescu
- Gastroenterology, 4th academic year – Coordonator Curs Prof Dr Daniela Bartos, Conf Dr Gabriel Constantinescu. Suggested bibliography: Compendiu de Gastroenterologie, Editia a IIa, Coodronator Conf Dr Gabriel Constantinescu, Editura Niculescu
- Medical Emergencies, 6th academic year (romanian) – Coordonator Curs Prof Dr Daniela Bartos. Suggested bibliography: Harrison Principii de medicina interna – editia a 14a.
- Medical Emergencies, 6th academic year (english) – Coordonator Curs Prof Dr Daniela Bartos. Suggested bibliography: Harrison Principles of internal medicine – 14th edition
PhD Coordinator – Prof Dr Daniela Bartos
PhD Exam Bibliography
Carmen Ginghina - "Mic tratat de cardiologie", Editura Academiei Romane
|1||Valvulopatii mitrale si aortice||403-468|
|4||Angina pectorala stabila||241-254|
|5||SCA fara supradenivelare ST||265-284|
|6||SCA cu supradenivelare ST||285-328|
- resistant hypertension
- renal artery stenosis
- non-invasive hemodynamic evaluation
- endothelial dysfunction
- blood pressure variability
- Image-based functional assessment of renal artery stenosis using Computer Tomography Angiography or routine X-ray Angiography – Project coordinator Dr Elisabeta Badila
- HEART- High PErformance Computing of PersonAlized CaRdio ComponenT Models – Project coordinator Prof Dr Daniela Bartos
- Daraban AM, Jurcut R, Badila E, Bartos D, Dan GA. "Following up adult patients with tetralogy of Fallot: The role of echocardiography" in Journal of Clinical Ultrasound 2017, vol 45, nr 2, pg 79-95. doi: 10.1002/jcu.22411.
- Nicoleta Alexandru, Elisabeta Badila, Emma Weiss, Daniel Cochior, Ewa Stepien, Adriana Georgescu. "Vascular complications in diabetes: Microparticles and microparticle associated MicroRNAs as active players" in Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 2016, vol 472, nr 1, pg 1-10. ISSN 1090-2104. Factor de impact 2.3.
- Elisabeta Badila, Claudia Negrea, Alina Ripa, Emma, Weiss, Daniela Bartos, Cristina Tirziu. "The etiology of syncope in an Emergency Hospital" in Romanian Journal of Internal Medicine 2016, vol 54, nr. 1. ISSN: 1582-3296.
- Cristina Japie, Emma Weiss, Magda Bunea, Sabina Frunza, Ana Maria Daraban, Daniela Bartos, Elisabeta Badila. "From clinical considerations to theory - Blood pressure variability profiles and patterns" in Maedica – A Journal of Clinical Medicine, vol. 11, nr. 2, 2016, pg. 101-108. ISSN: 1841-9038. eISSN: 2069-6116
- Elisabeta Badila, Emma Acintea, Daniela BartoAY. „Arterial Hypertension and Cognitive Decline Is it More than Pure Coincidence?" in Revista Medicina Moderna 2015, vol 22, nr 3, pg 269. ISSN 2360 – 2473.
- Elisabeta Badila, Ana Maria Daraban, Emma Tintea, Daniela Bartos, Nicoleta Alexandru, Adriana Georgescu. "Midkine in cardio-vascular disease Where do we come from and where are we heading to?" in European Journal of Pharmacology 2015, vol 762, nr 6, pg 464-471. ISSN: 0014-2999. Factor de impact 2.684
- Badila, C. Grigore, A.M. Daraban, E. Tintea, T. Horvat, M. Davidescu, V. Enache, I. Condrea, D. Bartos, B. Popa. "Ordinary symptom for a serious pathology – Giant solitary fibrous tumor of the pleura" in Romanian Journal of Morphology and Embryology 2014, 55(3 Suppl):1185–1189. ISSN (print) 1220–0522. ISSN (on-line) 2066–8279. Factor de impact 0.659.
- Elisabeta Badila, Ana Maria Daraban, Silviu Ghiorghe, Adriana Georgescu, Nicoleta Alexandru, Daniela Bartos, Cristina Tirziu. "Rethinking cardiovascular therapy – the effect of irbesartan on circulating microparticles and endothelial cells in patients with hypertension and dyslipidemia". Revista Farmacia 2014, vol 62, nr 1, pg 93-106. ISSN (print) 0014-8237. ISSN (on-line) 2065-0019. Factor de impact 1.005
- Cristina Japie, Emma Weiss, Magda Bunea, Sabina Frunza, Ana Maria Daraban, Daniela Bartos, Elisabeta Badila. "From clinical considerations to theory - Blood pressure variability profiles and patterns" in Maedica – A Journal of Clinical Medicine, vol. 11, nr. 2, 2016, pg. 101-108. ISSN: 1841-9038. eISSN: 2069-6116.