Project title: " INNOVATIVE BIONANOMATERIALS FOR TREATMENT AND DIAGNOSIS"
- " BIONANOMATERIALS FOR TISSUE REGENERATION, DIAGNOSIS, PREVENTION AND TREATMENT OF OSTEOPOROSIS "
- “INTELLIGENT NANOCOMPOSITES FOR DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF BONE CANCER”
- “NANOSTRUCTURED PROBES FOR DIAGNOSIS”
CREATING A FRAMEWORK NECESSARY FOR THE PREVENTION AND TREATMENT OF OSTEOPOROSIS. DEVELOPMENT OF PRIMARY BIOCERAMICS OF THE HAp/ZnO AND ZnHAp TYPE. SYNTHESIS OF PHOSPHATIC BIOCERAMICS WITH CONTROLLED MORPHO-STRUCTURAL CHARACTER AND STABILIZED MAGNETIC NANOPARTICLES. ACHIEVING THE OPTIMAL CONDITIONS FOR THE OBTAINING AND CHARACTERIZING OF BIOCOMPATIBLE PHOTOLUMINESCENT CERAMIC NANOMATERIALS BASED ON HYDROXIAPATITE COATED WITH EUROPIUM (EuHAp).
DEVELOPMENT AND CHARACTERIZATION OF THE ZnHAp / ZnO COMPLEX BIOCERAMIC SYSTEM. DEVELOPMENT OF MULTIFUNCTIONAL, REGENERATIVE AND ANTITUMOR SYSTEMS
OPTIMIZATION OF NEW BIOCERAMIC COMPOSITES FOR THEIR USE IN THE PREVENTION AND TREATMENT OF OSTEOPOROSIS. DEVELOPMENT OF INTELLIGENT MULTIFUNCTIONAL SYSTEMS TYPE HA-FE3O4/AgAt. OF PHOTOLUMINESCENT CERAMIC NANOMATERIALS (EuHAp / CeHAp) BIOCOMPATIBLE FUNCTIONALIZED WITH ANTIINFLAMTORY SUBSTANCES
SELECTION OF CERAMIC COMPOSITES FOR USE IN MEDICAL APPLICATIONS.
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy (Universitatea de Medicină și Farmacie „Carol Davila”)
Contract Nr.: 43PCCDI/2018,
Project Code: PN-III-P1.2-PCCDI-2017-0629
Project type: PN-III-P1-1.2-PCCDI
Project duration: 31.03.2018-30.09.2021
In the field of curing different maladies the current medicine make special efforts for the control of factors that favor their appearance together with pathogen agent surveillance. The development of modern medicine is strongly influenced by technology and in this view together with the development of tissue engineering it was tried the creation of a replacement for human bony tissue. In the preset project the research efforts from the forth component projects are implied in:1- antimicrobian nanomaterials; 2- biomaterials for tissue regeneration and for diagnosis, prevention and treatment of osteoporosis; 3- intelligent nanocomposites for diagnosis and treatment bony cancer; 4- nanostructured probes dedicated to diagnosis. The research concerning the obtaining of new intelligent bioceramics with antiseptic properties dedicated to bony tissue regeneration together with their physical-chemical characterization implies the elaboration of protocols for obtaining, analysis and prophylaxis at laboratory animals tests level. Biomaterials application in the field of tissue regeneration for osteoporosis case will bring experimental data related to structural and morphological characterization of nanomaterials together with information regarding biocompatibility and cytotoxicity. These data that will lead to composites optimization as a function of histological character common to laboratory animals. The study of intelligent nanocomposites will open a direction related to their action in bony cancer case. The development of photoluminescent biocompatible ceramic nanomaterials is dedicated to bony screening and further more will their functionalization with anti-inflammatory materials in order to evaluate their in vivo action and their possible using as biological probes. The statistics for the osteoporosis appearance in different population decades indicate their maximum in the (41-60) age limit, and in this view, the studies presented in this project are of general import
The research direction of the “INNOVATIVE BIONANOMATERIALS FOR TREATMENT AND DIAGNOSIS (BIONANOINOV)” project represents a new and interdisciplinary approach regarding the study of a complex biomaterial with special properties and its development as micro and/or nanostructured material. The theme of this project falls within the global effort to capitalize composite materials with biomedical applications.
The main objectives to be achieved within this complex project are:
- Obtaining bionanomaterials for tissue regeneration, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of osteoporosis;
- Obtaining intelligent nanocomposites for the diagnosis and treatment of bone cancer;
- Obtaining nanocomposites that could be used as nanostructured probes for diagnosis.
Also, the joint project agenda is directed towards the development of the institutional capacity of the partner institutions that make up the consortium. The implementation of the project and the achievement of the proposed indicators will significantly contribute to the development of the consortium institutions by creating new jobs, by increasing the national and international visibility of the consortium, by publishing scientific papers and participating in scientific events, by strengthening the infrastructure and by training specialists in areas of national and international interest and, last but not least, by opening new opportunities for the development of international collaborations.
Within this complex project, the estimated results are closely related to the achievement of the three major objectives of the project. The estimated results for the first objective of the complex project ("Bionanomaterials for tissue regeneration, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of osteoporosis") are the optimization of some laboratory technologies regarding the development of bioceramics like HAp/ZnO, ZnHAp and ZnHAp / ZnO for their use in regenerating tissues, preventing and treating osteoporosis. The results of the second objective of the complex project ("Smart nanocomposites for the diagnosis and treatment of bone cancer") are the development of intelligent nanocomposites based on calcium phosphates, magnetite and Ag nanoparticles for the diagnosis and treatment of bone cancer.Phosphate bionanoceramics with controlled structure and morphology with or without dopants and stabilized magnetic nanoparticles will be obtained and multifunctional, regenerative and antitumor systems as well as intelligent multifunctional systems such as HA-Fe3O4 / AgAt will be developed. By achieving the third objective of the complex project ("Nanocomposites that could be used as nanostructured probes for diagnosis"), bioceramics doped with europium/cerium reproducible from a morphological and structural point of view will be developed. Furthermore, the europium/cerium quantities of the samples and the maximum amount of europium/cerium at which living cells develop normally will be determined.
ELABORATION OF SCIENTIFIC WORKS IN COLLABORATION WITH PARTNERS (ACT. 1.16; ACT 1.32; 1.49)
- C. Negrila, M.V. Predoi, S.L. Iconaru, D. Predoi, Development of Zinc-Doped Hydroxyapatite by Sol-Gel Method for Medical Applications. Molecules 2018, 23(11), 2986; doi.org/10.3390/molecules23112986.
- C. Negrila, S. L. Iconaru, M. Motelica-Heino, R. Guegan, G. Predoi, F. Barbuceanu, R. V. Ghita, C. C. Petre, G. Jiga, M. L. Badea, A. M. Prodan, and D. Predoi. Commercial hydroxyapatite powders for lead removal from aqueous solution. AIP Conference Proceedings 1981, 020121 (2018); doi.org/10.1063/1.5045983
- L. Iconaru, M.Motelica-Heino, R. Guegan, M. Beuran, A. Costescu, D. Predoi, Adsorption of Pb (II) Ions onto Hydroxyapatite Nanopowders in Aqueous Solutions. Materials 2018, 11(11), 2204; doi.org/10.3390/ma11112204.
- L. Iconaru, M.Motelica-Heino, R. Guegan, M.V. Predoi, A. M. Prodan, D.Predoi. Removal of Zinc Ions Using Hydroxyapatite and Study of Ultrasound Behavior of Aqueous Media. Materials 2018, 11(8), 1350; doi.org/10.3390/ma11081350.
- L. Iconaru, A. Groza, P. Chapon, S. Gaianschi, C. C. Petre, G. Jiga, M. Beuran, A. M. Prodan, O. Lupescu, R. Trusca, and D. Predoi, ZnHAp thin films for medical applications, AIP Conference Proceedings 1981, 020122 (2018); doi.org/10.1063/1.5045984.
- Groza, S. L. Iconaru, C. C. Petre, G. Jiga, M. L. Badea, A. M. Prodan, M. Beuran, P. Chapon, S. Gaianschi, M. Ganciu, N. Verga, R. Trusca, N. Vineticu, and D. Predoi, Influence of ionizing radiations on structural and antibacterial properties of hydroxyapatite-polydimethylsiloxane layers, AIP Conference Proceedings 1981, 020123 (2018); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5045985
Manuscripts sent for publications
- Groza, S.L. Iconaru, G. Jiga, P. Chapon, S. Gaiaschi, N. Verga, D. Predoi, The effect of the ionizing radiation on hydroxyapatite-polydimethylsiloxane layers, trimis la jurnalul Polymer Engineering and Science.
- Alexandra Elena Stoica, Ionela Andreea Neacsu, Bogdan Stefan, Vasile, Ecaterina Andronescu, Doped hydroxyapatite for biomedical imaging applications, Molecules, Manuscript ID: molecules-407267, Received: 29 November 2018.
- Alexandra Elena Stoica, Ionela Andreea Neacsu, Bogdan Stefan, Vasile, Ecaterina Andronescu, Luminescent materials based on hydroxyapatite and rare earth elements for bioimaging applications, The Journal of Clinical Medicine, Manuscript ID: jcm-404536, Received: 25 November 2018
PARTICIPATION IN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC EVENTS (ACT 1.17; ACT 1.33 ; ACT 1.50)
The 9th Conference on "Times of Polymers (TOP) & Composites, Ischia, Italia, 17-21 Iunie 2018
- Commercial hydroxyapatite powders for lead removal from aqueous solution.C. C. Negrila, S. L. Iconaru, M. Motelica-Heino, R. Guegan, G. Predoi, F. Barbuceanu, R. V. Ghita, C. C. Petre, G. Jiga, M. L. Badea, A. M. Prodan, and D. Predoi. –prezentare poster.
- Antimicrobial Studies on Iron Oxide-Dextran Colloidal Suspension. D. Predoi, S.L. Iconaru, N. Buton, G. Predoi, F. Barbuceanu, C.C. Petre, G. Jiga, M.L. Badea, A.M. Prodan. –prezentare poster
- Influence of Ionizing Radiations on Structural and Antibacterial Properties of Hydroxyapatite-Polydimethylsiloxane Layers. A. Groza, S.L. Iconaru, C.C. Petre, G. Jigac, M.L. Badea, A.M. Prodan, M. Beuran, P. Chapon, S. Gaianschi, M. Ganciu, N. Verga, R. Trusca, N. Vineticu, D. Predoi. –prezentare poster
- ZnHAp Thin Films for Medical Applications. S.L. Iconaru, A. Groza, P. Chapon, S. Gaianschi, C.C. Petre, G. Jiga, M. Beuran, f, A.M. Prodan, O. Lupescu, R. Trusca, D. Predoi. –prezentare poster
International Conference of Materials Science and Engineering, 27-29 August 2018, Valencia, Spania
- Antibacterial and colloidal studies on hydroxyapatite coated with essential oils S.L. Iconaru, M.L. Badea, A.M. Prodan, N. Buton, M. Beuran, D. Predoi. –prezentare poster.
- New cetyltrimethylammonium bromide coated iron oxide nanoparticles (FexOy-CTAB) for arsenic removal from water A.M. Prodan, S.L. Iconaru, M. Motelica, R. Guegan, M.L. Badea, M. Beuran, F. Barbuceanu, G. Predoi5, R.V. Ghita, D. Predoi. –prezentare poster.
Scientific communications session of the Faculty of Physics, June 21-22, 2018, Magurele, Romania
- Physico-chemical characterization and antifungal activity of CeHAp layers obtained by thermal evaporation. S.L. Iconaru, R.V. Ghita, C.M. Chifiriuc, A. Groza, A.M. Prodan, M. Beuran, M.L. Badea, R. Trusca, E.S. Barna, D. Predoi . –prezentare orala
- Natural agriculture systems based on magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles. C. Cimpeanu, G. Predoi, F. Barbuceanu, M.L. Badea, S.L. Iconaru4, D. Predoi.- prezentare orala
Energy Materials Nanotechnology May 14 to 18, 2018 Heraklion-Crete
- Structural and biological characterization of antimicrobial layers obtained by magnetron sputtering technique. C.C Negrila, S.L. Iconaru, A. Groza, R.V. Ghita, C.M. Chifiriuc, P. Chapon, S. Gaiaschi, D. Predoi–prezentare poster
- Titanium, GaSb and GaAs substrates in biomaterial coating application, R.V. Ghita, D. Predoi, S.L. Iconaru -prezentarea orala
12th International Conference on Physics of Advanced Materials (ICPAM-12),Heraklion, Grecia, Septembrie 2018
- Ionela Andreea Neacșu, Alexandra Ioana Ion, Roxana Doina Trușcă, Alina Holban, Coralia Bleotu, Ecaterina Andronescu; Zn2+ doped hydroxyapatite – ZnO composites used for prevention of osteoporosis
ELABORATION OF SCIENTIFIC WORKS IN COLLABORATION WITH PARTNERS (ACTA2.13; ACT: 2.28; ACT 2.42)
- Badea, M.L.; Iconaru, S.L.; Groza, A.; Chifiriuc, M.C.; Beuran, M.; Predoi, D. Peppermint Essential Oil-Doped Hydroxyapatite Nanoparticles with Antimicrobial Properties. Molecules 2019, 24, 2169.
- Predoi D., Ghita R.V., Iconaru S.L. and Beuran M. Hydroxyapatite Thin Films Dedicated to Medical Applications. Nanomedicine & Nanotechnology Open Access, ISSN: 2574-187X, Mini Review, Volume 4 Issue 2, DOI: 10.23880/nnoa-16000160.
- Iconaru, S.L.; Groza, A.; Stan, G.E.; Predoi, D.; Gaiaschi, S.; Trusca, R.; Chifiriuc, C.M.; Marutescu, L.; Tite, T.; Stanciu, G.A.; Hristu, R.; Ghegoiu, L.; Badea, M.L.; Turculet, C.S.; Ganciu, M.; Chapon, P. Preparations of Silver/Montmorillonite Biocomposite Multilayers and Their Antifungal Activity. Coatings 2019, 9, 817.
- Predoi, D.; Iconaru, S.L.; Predoi, M.V.; Buton, N.; Megier, C.; Motelica-Heino, M. Biocompatible Layers
- Obtained from Functionalized Iron Oxide Nanoparticles in Suspension. Coatings 2019, 9, 773.
- Predoi, D.; Iconaru, S.L.; Predoi, M.V. Dextran-Coated Zinc-Doped Hydroxyapatite for Biomedical Applications. Polymers 2019, 11, 886.
- Predoi, D.; Iconaru, S.L.; Predoi, M.V.; Motelica-Heino, M.; Guegan, R.; Buton, N. Evaluation of Antibacterial Activity of Zinc-Doped Hydroxyapatite Colloids and Dispersion Stability Using Ultrasounds. Nanomaterials 2019, 9, 515.
- Predoi, D.; Iconaru, S.L.; Predoi, M.V.; Buton, N.; Motelica-Heino, M. Zinc Doped Hydroxyapatite Thin Films Prepared by Sol–Gel Spin Coating Procedure. Coatings 2019, 9, 156.
- Negrila, C.C.; Predoi, M.V.; Iconaru, S.L.; Predoi, D. Development of Zinc-Doped Hydroxyapatite by Sol-Gel Method for Medical Applications. Molecules 2018, 23, 2986.
- A. Neacsu, A.E. Stoica, B.S. Vasile, E. Andronescu, "Luminescent Hydroxyapatite Doped with Rare Earth Elements for Biomedical Applications", Nanomaterials, 9(2) (2019). Q1, FI 4.034
- Andronescu, D. Predoi, I.A. Neacsu, A.V. Paduraru, A.M. Musuc, R. Trusca, O. Oprea, E. Tanasa, O.R. Vasile, A.I. Nicoara, A.V. Surdu, F. Iordache, A.C. Birca, S.L. Iconaru, B.S. Vasile, "Photoluminescent Hydroxylapatite: Eu3+ Doping Effect on Biological Behaviour", Nanomaterials, 9(9) (2019). Q1, FI 4.034.
PARTICIPATION IN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC EVENTS (ACT A2.14; ACT: 2.29 ; ACT 2.43)
EMN Rome Meeting 2019, 13-17 May 2019 Rome, Italy
- Antibacterial cerium doped hydroxyapatite nanopowders for biomedical applications (poster). Predoi, S.L. Iconaru, A.M. Prodan, M. Matei, M. Beuran, C.M. Chifiriuc, R.V.Ghita
5thInternational Conference on Mechanics of Composites (MECHCOMP5), Lisbon,
Portugal 1-4 July 2019
- Biological studies of zinc doped hydroxyapatite synthetized at low concentrations (poster). Alina Mihaela Prodan, Simona Liliana Iconaru, Mihai Valentin Predoi, Nicolas Buton, Mircea Beuran, Olivera Lupescu, Adrian Costescu, Nicoleta Vineticu, Daniela Predoi
- Biological properties of iron oxide-hydroxyapatite biocomposites. Alina Mihaela Prodan, Simona Liliana Iconaru, Mihai Valentin Predoi, Mikael Motelica-Heino5, Regis Guegan, Olivera Lupescu, Mihai Matei Daniela Predoi.
Scientific communications session of the Faculty of Physics, June 21-22, 2018, Magurele, Romania
- Synthesis, characterization and biological evalution of hydroxyapatite/iron oxide nanocomposites functionalized with antitumor agent in a dextran matrix (prezentare), Alina Mihaela Prodan, Simona Liliana Iconaru, Mircea Beuran, Mihai Matei, Ionut Negoi, Ana Maria Nae, Liliana Ghegoiu, Daniela Predoi
XVI ECerS Conference”, Torino, Italy, 201916-25 iunie
- Multifunctional systems based on hydroxyapatite and antitumor agents for bone cancer treatment, “A.C. Birca, I.A. Neacsu, G. Dolete, A. Croitoru, C. Movileanu, B.S. Vasile, F. Iordache, E. Andronescu,
- Nanomaterials for bio-imaging based on rare earth elements doped hydroxyapatite". E. Andronescu, D. Predoi, O. Oprea, A.V. Paduraru, A. Musuc, F. Iordache, C.M. Chifiriuc, E. Tanasa, R. Trusca, B.S. Vasile, " “XVI ECerS Conference”,
CREMS 2019, 23-25 octombrie, Poiana Brasov, Romania.
- Eu3 + doped hydroxyapatite as a fluorescent material for biomedical applications", O.R. Vasile, E. Andronescu, D. Predoi, I.A. Neacsu, A.V. Paduraru, A.M. Musuc, R. Trusca, O. Oprea, E.Tanasa, A.I. Nicoara, A.V. Surdu, F. Iordache, A.C. Birca, B.S. Vasile,"